Becoming a tech entrepreneur takes hard-work, dedication, creativity, and a supportive network. The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Distribution offered by UNT at Frisco is a hands-on multidisciplinary degree that bridges engineering and business, where students learn to apply the fundamentals of science, technology, and supply chain management to the design, development, manufacturing, and distribution of high-tech industrial and commercial products.
Our innovative Project Based Learning approach differs from other Business and Engineering degree programs because it is more tech industry-focused and hands-on, while emphasizing the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business relationships. Our curriculum also has fewer higher level math prerequisites, so our students can start creating and engaging with industry partners immediately. By blending science, engineering technology, and entrepreneurship, our students are well-rounded and ready to tackle unique technology sector challenges from the moment they graduate.
Industrial Distribution students will also work closely with the Spark@Frisco, scheduled to open January 2023. The Spark@Frisco makerspace and technology center has everything that students need to design, prototype, and perfect new high-tech products with the help of UNT faculty and staff. Start your journey in the tech industry today! We are accepting applications for the upcoming Spring and Fall 2023 and semesters.
Request More Information
Courses that Prepare Students for Tomorrow
This degree offers an innovative and industry-focused experiential learning environment that will give students:
Broad-based Technical Knowledge
- Technical foundations of manufacturing and engineering
- Tech-industry focused applications of physics, chemistry, and life sciences
- Operations and Supply Chain Management coursework
Professional Development & Communications Skills
- Professional communication through Story-telling
- Team Development and Organizational Behavior
- Summer Internships with local tech industry partners
Innovative and Creative Worldviews
- Complex Dynamic Systems and Systems Thinking
- Business Development and Entrepreneurship
- Tech Innovation and Ideation
Industrial Distribution is a dynamic and evolving field with phenomenal career opportunities in the tech industry in the DFW area for decades to come. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, Industrial Distribution graduates will be prepared to fill positions related to managing business relationships, which commonly pay higher median salaries in the DFW metro area than many traditional business and engineering positions:
- Purchasing Managers $127,690
- Sales Manager $127,690
- Industrial Production Managers $105,550
- Transportation & Distribution Managers $100,650
- Project Management Specialists $94,810
- Operations Managers $92,250
The Industrial Distribution program is focused on continuous innovation and in demand skills that industries need. To assure that the curriculum stays relevant, innovative, and hands-on, it emphasizes:
- Real-world tech industry involvement in classroom.
- Professional development and summer internship opportunities.
- Project Based Learning with industry partners.
- Hands-on product design and prototyping at the Spark@Frisco.
Graduates from the Industrial Distribution program can also earn an MBA degree from UNT entirely in Frisco, in a little as one additional year.